Sunday, October 26, 2008

Those really were the days...



(A very old picture of the teachers along with the Father)

Nearly 19-20 odd years since I passed out of school...My school...St.Josephs High School...and it still does bring fond memories whenever I think of those good ol' days...I studied in an all Boys School with Convent Section being just across the road..(now before you stretch your imagination...hold on...those days...believe it or faint,I use to hate GIRLS!!!)

Many contacts are lost...dont even know where those friends are...todays age and time warrants every one to be busy...whether one likes it or not...Most of my close friends are successful in their own rights and every passing day achieve new milestones in their personal and professional lives...in the competitive world we live in....

I have been in touch (okay okay...not exactly in touch...ON & OFF!!) with Jolvin (good friend in school and better friend out of school!),Saad (the creative and multi-talented scorpio),Vaibhav (sharp and naughty class monitor), Muzaffar (from whom I picked up good handwriting) and Abidali (the silent class monitor...continues to remain silent even now...)!

We have had nearly 2 odd reunions and occasional and accidental meetings ...But whenever we meet...its reliving the past, those days, and various episodes...

A chance meeting with Saad yesterday and he mentioned that FLICKR does have some old B&W photos of our school...set on the task immediately and downloaded quite a few...discussed with him over length , the teachers...the sirs...right till their individual mannerisms...Goes without saying that it was our collaborative effort of inputs which completed the collage of the faded and fragrant memories...

Let me list down the name of my teachers....Miss Lily ,Miss Baretto, Miss Virgin, Baqar Sir, Kashyap Sir,Miss Shyamala, Miss Jacob , Miss Philips ,Miss Marie , Miss Dalvi , Miss Nath , Anwar Sir (Drawing Sir), Punjani Sir (Physical Training Coach), Miss Doyle (the librarian) Babban Sir, Miss Charlotte , Miss Sushila ,Nigam Sir, Nainan Sir, Manickam Sir, Siddiqui Sir, Vora Sir and the Principals...Disciplinarian Father's (dont remember every principal though)....

Each and every teacher of mine contributed in grooming me...in one way or the other.

I am and will remain indebted to them.

Over the next few days creative juices warranting I shall try to pen down whatever episodes I remember of my school days....till then...its time to jog down from memory lane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

antha nal neyapakam!!!!!

old memories my old bro!!!
lol

buy flowers online said...

Seems lovely pic...