Friday, October 31, 2008

Those really were the days....Part ii



All efforts from my side to keep this blog, chronological considering the episodic nature...

Post lot of running around, my mother had managed to get me an admission in St.Joseph's...considered as one of the good Christian Missionary Schools in the area...this was the school , where my grandfather, my uncle and then my cousins were studying....It was important for my mother that I studied in this School..

Class Teacher was Miss Lily , in Ist STD (figures in the photo above!!) and she was a tough disciplinarian...! Around the time of Unit Test, I was also being exposed to the good life and learnings from Islam...on the day of the paper I decided to put my faith to test. I had deep faith and was quite convinced that I dont need to appear for the paper since my Allah would help answer all the questions...I closed my eyes on receiving the test paper and started praying fervently to Allah to save me from this test !

Those were the non CGI / SFX days ...but I expected to see the miracle soon...Eyes closed I could hear Miss Lily's authoritative voice ; on the time left...I slowly opened one eye to have a look at my answer paper...EYES were soon Wide Open on witnessing the blank rule lined paper . What ?? Allah, could not help me...?? my faith was being challenged here... !!

I dont think I need to share what were the result for this test...soon better sense prevailed and the line that Allah Helps those who help themselves dawned on me...!

For Miss Lily, I became the prime candidate for Tuitions :-)

Recess Time was reserved to run to the small playground which looked BIG at that time so that I could sit on my favorite swing...before it is claimed by someone else !!

When the final bell use to ring , announcing the end of the day at school...I use to run along with the other kids towards the main gate...eyes searching for my mother amongst the crowd ! Always use to have an unfounded fear what if one day no one comes to pick me up from School...then what ?

Ist STD also was the time when I first saw Saad...and noticed that he was popular even then :-))

Dont recollect any close bonded friends from this class though...where the foundation was being laid on my learnings and for my growing up years...to follow soon !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one IQ. Simplistic yet touchy!! Got me a little mellow and reminded me of my I Standard, B Division :)

Anonymous said...

We were in the same class yet took us a few more years to get to know each other....

Lily Teacher...I used to call her that...was by far the strictest class teacher I had.

buy flowers said...

Nice picture..